Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I CAN WIN - Awareness Program at ABES 14.009.2013

This is the fourth consecutive year that ABES has been hosting us. This year the theme was Women and health.
The program was hosted by NSS (Lead by Mr K.P.Jayant) and Women Grievance Cell (lead by Mrs Madhu Khurana )  of ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad.
I remember the day 4 years ago when Mrs Charu Vaish had introduced me to Dr Surendra Kansal, Director of ABES. Since then we have come a long way. Dr Kansal has got involved in the activities of I CAN WIN full heartedly and so has the management of ABES who have extended their support whole heartedly at all times.
I reached ABES around 1:45 pm and was joined by Dr. Rudra and Dr Geeta at the parking lot. After a sumptuous lunch we proceeded to the auditorium.
The program started on time Chaired by Sh. Ved Prakash Goel, Chairman, ABES Engineeing College, Ghaziabad
Mr Suresh Prakash in his usual tone introduced I CAN WIN. The whole auditorium reverberated by the echo of I CAN WIN. He introduced the cancer winners present – Mr Dinesh Popli, Mrs Madhu Mahajan and Mrs Puspha Goel
I gave my presentation in very brief and was instructed beforehand not to ask questions to the audience. Besides the usual stuff on what is cancer and its prevention, I introduced our page www.facebook.com/icanwin.org to the student and urged them to join the same. I took this opportunity to introduce Mr Vivek Mittal. The young cancer winner who suffered with locally advanced Cancer and has been treated. The social stigma in his work place that he had to go through and why did he loose his job? Is cancer such a disease. Is it not time that we change the way this disease is looked at. I hope we will be able to bring the change and rehabilitate young man and other cancer winners like you. The treatment of cancer needs something more than medicine. Winning cancer is just not surviving the disease, it is more than that!! Vivek I am sure I CAN WIN will learn from your life story and will be able to help more people.
Dr Geeta and Dr Rudra presented on breast, cervix and oral cancer.
Mr Narendra Bansal spoke on how to maintain lifestyle naturally without medicine and remain healthy forever. The importance of breath, food and exercise for a healthy living was emphasised by him.
Mr Rajendra Tyagi, Municipal counsellor extended is full support to I CAN WIN and gave a very short and highly motivating presentation. 

An on the spot written quiz on Tobacco and cancer was conducted for the particpants of the workshop

I thank the management and all the participants of ABES for taking out time for the workshop. i also thank the cancer winners' for giving the message to all the participants - "BE CAREFUL NOT FEARFUL". Together we can win over cancer.

Dr Pawan Gupta
Nationl President - I CAN WIN Foundation



































No comments:

Total Pageviews